Developing Intercultural Competence
The ability to navigate, work with and optimise cultural differences is an essential business requirement. In this course we will work with the Hofstede 6D model in bringing culture to life and provide your students with practical tools and strategies that will help them to build better relationships, influence, communicate and collaborate more effectively across countries and cultures. Also ideal for international schools, schools with a high multi-cultural population, or those who have international exchange programs.
The developing Intercultural Competence training will make your students better equipped when faced with the challenges of intercultural student exchanges and business, enabling them to work effectively and confidently in an ever-changing world. They will gain a deeper understanding of what it means to communicate, engage and work across borders and discover how to utilise cultural competence as a strength when dealing with cultural diversity.
Using a multi-method approach including case studies and lively intercultural discussions, this
- Introduce students to Hofstede’s 6-D model, a scientifically based tool that will optimise daily practices in an intercultural context
- Increase knowledge of and insight into the importance of your own culture in determining your behaviour
- Emphasise the significance of other cultures’ behaviours, assumptions, reactions, and expectations
- Sensitise you to identify and deal with cultural challenges in your day-to-day student or work life
BENEFITS FOR THE STUDENTS
By completing the Intercultural Competence training programme, the participant will be able to:
- Anticipate and react appropriately to culturally sensitive situations
- Understand the reasons behind conflicts in which culture is involved
- Better recognise, understand, and effectively deal with your own experiences in an international context, with the help of the 6-D model
- Be mindful of your own culture and the effects it has on your daily practices and understanding
- What is culture and the impact of cultural values on behaviour
- Hofstede’s 6-D model on national culture - a research-based methodology
- Application of the 6-D model in real life context
- Real-life case studies, simulation games and discussions
- Action points
The interactive and practical nature of the workshop allows the students to immediately apply their skills to increase their effectiveness and competence when working internationally.
Contact David Morley on 0481 365 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org